Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Breathtaking........

This is our VIEW from the doorway. It´s actually not my pic, but it looks the same. It is of Mount Pincincha. I am serious-- the view is incredible. That is why we live in Bella Vista or Beautiful View.



I only have a moment to update, but I must tell you all some of the things that have happened since my last post. First, Heather and I got lost on the Quito bus system for three hours. We first our bus stop and then went South to a lower-socioeconomic area, then we took two more buses--got equally lost--and *whew* landed in a pharmacy for 1.5 hours. I made phone calls to my host family and tried to get directions from the pharmacists lol! we finally made it home and we both crashed for a while.

by the way, Heather and I are now-- double cousins! My host aunt is the sister of her host uncle and my host uncle is the brother of her host aunt!!! and we live in a duplex. and our maids have the same name! wow... Both of our families are very very nice-- chevere--like they say in Quito.

My family consists of:

Tia Jaquie, Tio Pedro, Anita (20) and Jose Luis (15)

Heather´s family consists of:

Tia Myrian, Tio Patricio, Carolina (20) and Andres (22)
I have a lot more to tell but that is all for now. Tomorrow is the first day of classes, and Heather and I will be braving the buses again at 7:45am!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world as a foreing ... so many times i have got lost in America that is easy to count when i didn't. We miss you !!!

I love this music ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gkDiTvloc&feature=related

love you